Friday, March 17, 2017

On 'Aevum Measures'


After a reading with Peter O'Leary at the Seminary Co-op Bookstore earlier this year, I met Valerie Wallace, a poet and associate director of Virtue, Happiness, and the Meaning of Life at the University of Chicago, who asked me to write a brief introductory note to my serial poem, "Aevum Measures" for the The Virtue Blog. I am happy to say that the piece has just appeared with the first six "measures" of the poem, reprinted with some minor alterations from The Cultural Society.

I am just becoming acquainted with the interdisciplinary "self-transcendence" project, for which The Virtue Blog appears to be an ongoing conversation space and archive, but I am impressed with what I see these researchers doing and I am extremely honoured to contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment